WHAT IS CARBOXY THERAPY?
Carboxy therapy refers to the cutaneous and subcutaneous administration of carbon dioxide gas [CO2] for therapeutic purposes. Carbon dioxide is a natural constituent of our very being. We breathe in oxygen, and we exhale carbon dioxide. Plants take up the carbon dioxide, and in turn give us the oxygen that we need. There are no known risks associated with carboxy therapy.
In Europe, carbon dioxide therapy has been applied to the treatment of stretch marks, cellulite, and hypertrophic scars with impressive results. Studies have demonstrated that carboxytherapy improves skin elasticity, improves circulation, encourages collagen repair, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and destroys localized fatty deposits.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It stimulates the body to increase the oxygen supply to the treated area. This in turn generates mechanisms of lipolysis (fat cell destruction), strengthening the water retention within the treated cells. Carboxy therapy stimulates the formation and reorganization of collagen and elastin fibers that give tone and firmness to the skin. It can be used in multiple body sites.
WHAT DOES CARBOXY THERAPY IMPROVE ON THE BODY?
- It improves cellulite and can deliver results of up to 80-90% reduction
- It can be used to sculp the body instead of the more invasive liposuction
- It is often used to correct liposuction unevenness
- Pre and post-lipectomy (surgical abdominal fat and skin) for the same purposes as above
- Multiple lipomatosis (benign fatty tumors)
- Post-surgical scars of any kind
- Stretch marks
- Fibrosis and adhesions that occur after surgery
WHAT DOES CARBOXY THERAPY IMPROVE ON THE FACE?
- Moisturizes skin and improves the appearance of wrinkles by stimulating collagen production
- Acne: oxygenates to the skin and kills acne bacteria. It also improves acne scars by stimulating production of collagen
- Improves dark circles by improving the circulation. It can also improve under-eye bags through better circulation
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
It depends on the area being treated and the severity of the condition but approximately 10-15 sessions. You will begin the see results at around the sixth session.
Treatments to the face may experience an improvement from the first session.
HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD PASS BETWEEN EACH SESSION?
- For the face we like to perform one session per week.
- The body can be performed as often as three times a week or as few as once a week. We only suggest that once treatment has begun, treatments are spaced no more than two weeks apart. Obviously the more sessions per week, the faster you will notice improvement.
HOW LONG IS A SESSION?
About 45 minutes to an hour for the body. The face is much faster.
IS IT PAINFUL?
Although the application is done with a needle, it is actually too small to feel. However on certain areas of the body like the legs, you may feel some discomfort as the gas goes in. In abdominal area and the face you should feel very little.
WHO PERFORMS THE PROCEDURE?
The procedure is done by a highly trained Carboxy Therapist.
HOW WILL I LOOK AND FEEL AFTER THE SESSION?
You may have small bruises where the needle went in. You may also experience a little soreness like you would after a hard workout at the gym. Otherwise you can return to your regular activities.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes. It has been used in medical procedures frequently and for different reasons. Large amounts are used to inflate the abdomen in laparoscopy for better view and access. It is produced by the body in the process of degrading carbohydrates and fatty acids to gain energy. So, no allergic or toxic reaction can occur.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO EXTEND THE EFFECTS OF CARBOXY THERAPY?
It is important to lead a healthy life style, drink plenty of water, exercise and eat a diet low in fat and carbohydrates. We also recommend a monthly maintenance session. It is especially important if you are trying to diminish cellulite. Carboxy therapy is effective because it improves circulation. Therefore, diet and exercise are crucial in extending your results.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
You may experience some bruising, redness or soreness.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR CARBOXY THERAPY?
Yes so long as you are healthy and not pregnant or nursing or have a serious disease (for example renal failure) which is contra-indicated for this procedure.
WHY DO WE LOVE CARBOXY THERAPY?
It is a non-invasive way to make your body beautiful!
Only perform medical and aesthetic procedures with qualified personnel who are specifically trained in their field.